Friday, February 26, 2010

FIERCE!

That's how I've been feeling lately. I'm really starting to love and appreciate my transitioning/nappy hair more and more everyday. I was beginning to get really frustrated with it but I'm discovering that if I treat it right I can let it do what it wants to do and I don't have to coax it into doing something that it doesn't want to do. It does what it wants to do and looks great! I've also gained SOO much more confidence in myself. I don't know what it is about wearing your hair out but I put on my heels, some nice accessories, and "work it"! LOL. It feels so good. I was so afraid to wear my hair natural when I first started - was so worried what people would think, but I said the heck with it, I'm going to do what I do and not worry about the looks and comments.

I also think I've discovered my own signature style that works best for my hair. That's funny too because at first, I thought I wanted my twist outs to "hang" down, but I think I've mentioned before that I like it better as a big, spirally fro' - LOL! I definitely get a lot of attention but have received many compliments too. I went out to lunch a few days ago with co-workers and they just went on and on about how they loved my hair and how do I get it like it is - HA! And I've gotten lots of compliments on my big, pouffy afro puff when I pull it back into that style as well. This weekend I'm going to try either the messy side bun or two messy buns behind the ears. We'll see how that turns out. Always looking for different ways to wear it, especially when my twist out starts to fizzle but I'm not ready to restyle. I might even try a braid out this weekend after I wash and condition. We'll see. I am falling in love with my natural hair more and more. Found a couple of new blogsites that I think are just awesome. Check out this one, LITK ("Leave In The Kinks" I LOVE that!) and what she has to say. All I could say after reading her article was "DITTO"

http://www.leaveinthekinks.com/


TTYL!

No comments:

Post a Comment