Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Best Twist Out Yet

I think I've discovered my best twist out routine yet. I spritzed my hair with the water/coconut oil mixture, sealed with shea butter and applied a little bit of Organic Root Smooth and hold pudding. Then I flat twisted my hair into a total of 10 twists - one directly in the back one on each side framing my face, 3 on each side and one chunky two strand twist at the crown, twisted forward. I then secured the puffiness around the top twist with clips on both sides, rolled the ends of all the braids about midway up and put on my satin bonnet. This morning I had GREAT curls and definition and was very happy with the way it turned out. Also, when I took the twists out, I tried Curly Nikki's technique of seperating the curls from the root down the length of the curl but stopping before you get to the very end to prevent the frizzies. It works. I'm lovin' my hair today!

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to retwist tonight or just see how it looks if I sleep on as is with the satin bonnet. Maybe I'll just retwist. I really like how it looks ;) I'll try to get some decent pics on here to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment