Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lovin' the new routine






Soooo....last week I did a hot oil "pre-poo" with my Hot Six Oil. Warmed the oil and saturated my hair with it, put a plastic baggy on and let it soak in for about 25 mins. ( I would've left it on longer, but I couldn't stand the oil dripping down my neck and face...I don't know how people sleep with oil and a baggy on their heads at night. Maybe they drap a towel over their pillows. Seems to me you'd get oil all over your face and eyes. Maybe I'll try it sometime because I've heard the benefits are great, just not use so much oil ???)



Anyway, after the pre-poo, I co-washed with Coconut condish and then detangled with HH Hello Hydration. I don't know what it is but the HH didn't give me the slip that I really was looking for so I had a hard time detangling and my hair was knotted pretty bad at the ends. But, after my styling session, which consisted of blotting my hair after the washing and conditioning and then adding Totally Twisted as my leave-in, I added shea butter, did my TnC and then spritzed each section with Deva Curl Set it Free. It turned out pretty nice.






So, I decided to do some protective styling later on in the week instead of re-twisting so I did the pompador updo and put a satin scarf on it at night to protect. Wore it like that for two days with minimal manipulation. I liked the low-maintenance of it. On this Sunday, I cowashed again but this time I used my beloved Pantene Relaxed and Natural Hair mask (which I'm down to my last jar and a half and after it's gone I don't know what I'm going to do because I can't find it anywhere. I think it's been discontinued!!!) Detangled beautifully in the shower with the R&N, hardly any shedding at all. After that, I used shea butter to seal and instead of doing a TnC, this time I did the "Cinnabun" hairstyle. (see above and left. Pics are NOT me, my cinnabun had a pomp in the front - lol) I loved it! It might be a little too "different" for work (well, maybe without the pomp in the front) but I really liked it. Wore it like that for two days (scarved it at night), no manipulation at all and it looked great!



Decided to go back to my TnC for work on Tuesday so I took down the cinnabun, spritzed each section with my olive oil, water and condish mixture, sealed the ends with shea and spritzed a little "Set it Free" on each section. Woke up this morning, curls were soft, defined. Just finger separated and fluffed a bit at the roots. I'm loving this new routine and letting my TnC be a fro instead of trying to pull it down. I'll try to get some more pics up soon!
Oh, I also got a compliment from my cousin Glenna on my cinnabun style and even from my sister who is the hair guru extrodinaire! She can do some hair, y'all, so I always feel good when she compliments me. She said I did a good job and it looked like one of those "african" hairstyles, lol. My cousin Tonya said it was "interesting" but I have the face to pull it off - LOL! Not sure if that was exactly a compliment but I'll take it as one ;)


Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment