Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hair Mistakes and BIG Disappointment!

Well, it's back to what works for me. ORS Hair Mayonnaise...my hair HATED it. My hair was crispy, matted, tangled and not even close to being soft after I pre-pooed with oil, co-washed with HH Totally Twisted, DC'd with the Mayonnaise, baggied it for 20 mins. went to wash out the mayo, and ugghhh!!! My hair was so tangled I couldn't even finger detangle!!!! I proceeded to rinse that crap out, and put in the Cantu Shea Leave In condish. Nothing. No slip, no detangling. Nothing. Rinsed that out and tried to use my beloved Hello Hydration to get some slip so I could DT. Even that didn't work at this point, my hair was so rough and crunchy! The permed ends were so tangled and knotted I almost got the scissors and thought about just doing the BC right then and there. I had to get back in the shower and slather my hair with my Pantene R&N Hair Mask Condish. Finally, some slip. Detangled, rinsed and sectioned, and, in my attempt to at least give the Cantu Shea leave in another try, (because at least it smells REALLY good), applied that to my damp hair. I then applied my ORS Olive Oil Holding Pudding and sealed the ends with shea butter and then two-strand twisted and curled. We'll see how it turns out in the morning when I take it down but I was so upset I wanted to cry!

I'm going back to what I know works. No new products for me for a while: Co-wash with Suave Tropical Coconut Condish, Deep condish with my Pantene Hair Mask, let that sit on my hair for a little while, detangle, rinse, apply my Hello Hydration as my leave-in and then apply my ORS pudding and then TnC. At least then, I know I won't be yanking and pulling at my hair to detangle and I know the results come out well. Guess you live, experiment and learn!

Ciao for Now~

No comments:

Post a Comment