Thursday, August 25, 2011

August Update ALL Natural and B&B Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion


So, I'm finally 100% ALL Natural! I cut off the very last of my permed ends a few weeks ago and I love it. Although, I've been transitioning for 18 months and there really wasn't much left of the perm anyway so I didn't really BIG CHOP. LOL. After my "trim" My hair is probably about 9-10 inches long in most parts of my head when stretched. About 6 inches in the back. I'm still following my simplified routine and my hair is loving it. I shampooed the other day with Jessicurl's Hair Cleansing Cream and did a chunky twistout (about 12 twists) using Jessicurl's "Too Shea" conditioner as a leave in and the Confident Coils Styling Solution as a styler. I sealed with EVOO. The twistout turned out pretty good - particularly since I can do them now without having to curl the ends with rollers or curlers. I was very pleased with it.

I used a spritz of water/EVOO mix (very little, just enough to dampen hair a bit), Aloe Vera Gel and sealed with EVOO then retwisted in chunky twists to maintain the style at night. I got about 3 days out of it. I could've gone longer but I got tired of having to retwist my hair every night. I'm lazy like that - LOL! I like to be able to just throw a scarf or bonnet on and go to bed. That's why I keep my hair in twists and updos a lot and forgo the twistouts. So, on the third day, on my old twistout, I went ahead and did an updo and I'll probably rock that for the rest of the week. It's actually my version of Kimmaytube's 40's updo style which is basically a roll, tuck and pin with a bun in th back and pompador in the front.

The only problem that I have when I wear my hair in updo or protective styles that are from an old twistout and not in actual twists, is how to keep it moisturized. I've found that if I keep my hair "stretched" it doesn't tangle as easily and I can put it in different styles easier than when it's "shrunken" - but, it's hard to keep your hair moisturized when it's stretched because if you add water, it's going to shrink up. Oils don't really add much moisture, they just seal in moisture. Enter - B&B Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion! I always loved this stuff, but had stopped using it because I discovered it had mineral oil. I like to co-wash or use a hair cleansing cream with no sulfates and not have to use shampoo often (no more than once a month), so I don't want to use a bunch of products that have mineral oils which coats the hair and require a sulfate shampoo to remove. But, B&B works SOOO well. It moisturizes without being greasy and doesn't cause the hair to shrink and makes my hair super soft! I rub it into my dry hair, seal with EVOO and style. Well, I've decided that I'm going to start back using it ANYWAY. Considering the fact that it's a water-based moisturizer (water is the first ingredient on the list) and it contains castor oil, jojoba oil, canola oil, coconut oil and aloe vera - this stuff can't be bad for my hair! Plus, the mineral oil is like the 6th indgredient down on the list so it doesn't contain a concentrated amount. I'm going to roll with it. I love the way it makes my hair look and feel.

Well, that's it for now. Pictures coming soon, I promise ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment