Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Curly Nikki Feature and Co-Washing










Hi All! I am so happy that I was recently featured on the Curly Nikki website! It was really cool and I got so much love and support from the natural community! Thank you, Curly Nikki ;) You can check it out here: http://www.curlynikki.com/2011/04/on-couch-with-pamela-40-and-natural.html#comments/2011/04/on-couch-with-pamela-40-and-natural.html#comments.





In other news, I co-washed my hair on Saturday, And I loved the results. I'm really trying to limit the products that I use and just stick with what my hair loves. I first spritzed my hair with water, olive oil and aloe vera juice to get it damp and help with some slip. I then applied my conditioner - Hello Hydration, Suave's Humectus and Coconut conditioners mixed with more olive oil. I detangled in sections with this mixture - which was SOOO easy because of the slip, and twisted each section up. I then covered it with a plastic conditioner baggy and my "beanie" cap and ran around with my daughter all day (she had a track meet and a school choir performance back-to-back!). Mind you, I started this process around 10 am and after running all around with my daughter I didn't get home until after 5 pm so, I was deep conditioning for about 7 hours! I don't ususally do that, 20-30 minutes is enough for me, but I didn't have much of a choice this day - LOL!







Anyway, I rinsed the twists out in the shower and then applied my leave-in. This time, instead of using the Kinky Curly Knot Today, I used Giovanni's Leave-In (like I said, I'm trying to use up product and I had just enough of this left to make my leave-in mixture), olive oil, jojoba oil and aloe vera juice. I then applied this to my hair in the twisted sections that i had done earlier and retwisted. I separated the sections into smaller sections to get more twists. I then made one big flat twist in the front going to the side and pinned the other twists up in the back. I like it. It will work as my protective style for the next week or two. I'll just redo the twists in the front if they start to get fuzzy and spritz daily with my water/oil mix. I also sleep in my satin bonnet with this style. In the mornings I set the style with a satin scarf or stocking cap for about 20 minutes while i get ready for work. This helps to make the style look neat and less fuzzy.



Check out updates and pictures on my Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/pstaver1?feature=mhum





Ciao for Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment