Friday, February 18, 2011

FINALLY!

I finally figured out how to get a decent twist out!

I dry detangled my hair last night using KCKT and a little of the Design Essentials Stretching Creme that my cousin gave me. I didn't like the DE the first time I tried it because I thought it felt really tacky, but used sparingly and combined with the KCKT, it's pretty decent.

My hair was already pretty stretched from having it in braids a few days ago and then wearing it in the "tuck and roll" style for a couple more days. The key for a good twist out on me, is to do it dry, after it's stretched out. Also, FLAT two strand twists. Not just twists. flat twists get to the roots better and create a wave all throughout my hair, not just the middle to the ends like just two strand twisting. I LOVE it. And I did a center part instead of a side part. I will still do the two strand twists and roll occassionally if I want a tighter curl or a more frizzy "fro" type style, but for my twist out, the flat twists are the way to go.

I did two rows of 4 flat twists in the back and 3 - 4 on each side of my head with the ones in the front framing both sides of my face. I also rolled the ends of the twists that still have a bit of perm on the ends, with sponge rollers that I removed the sponges from and just used the frame of the rollers. I just rolled the very ends, not all the way up to my scalp, this was to allow the hair to hang a little bit. I then tied my silk scarf on with my twists hanging down, under the scarf, and put on my satin bonnet.

When I woke up this morning, I carefully took down the twists with my hands coated with oil, fluffed and styled a litte bit (not too much) and Voila! Next time, I might do two rows of 4 twists in the back and one more row closer to the the crown of my head to give it a little more "lift" but I am truly loving this twist out! I'm going to need to have hubby take some pics tonight so I can post them because I'm going to wash my hair tonight and put it's back to the braids and protective twists style for next week. I may try to wear my hair out in this twist out, though, once a week. SO HAPPY ;)

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment