Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Few Houskeeping Items




Well, o.k. so, I flat twisted my hair last night (15 twists in all). I started by spritzing my dry, tired hair with my concoction of water, Hot Six Oil and Suave Tropical Coconut condish. After my hair was thoroughly damp, I melted some pure shea butter in my hands and spread it all over my hair and massaged into my scalp. I then did the twists and spritzed each one a couple of times with the DeVaCurl Set It Free. It's supposed to set your hair as well as lock in moisture for up to 48 hours, control frizz and leave you with shiny, defined curls. It wasn't bad. My hair turned out good today but I don't know if it was from the DeVaCurl or a combination of all the stuff I used. I mean, it's good. My hair doesn't look all dried out - looks healthy and moisturized and not all greasy. But, I'm thinking I'd probably get the same result with my Organic Root Pudding. Plus, the pudding is MUCH cheaper and I don't know if the DeVaCurl is worth $17.95 a bottle vs. less than 5 bucks for the pudding. The DeVaCurl isn't worth $17.95, I don't think. I'll try all the other product samples this weekend and see how well they all work together. I'll let you know ;)






Thinking about doing a modified puff tomorrow with the front of my hair flat twisted in 4 twists (see pic examples of someone who is not me, LOL). I don't know. We'll see. Or, I may put it up on the sides with the new combs that I just bought.






I was also thinking about doing a wire-roller flat twist n curl this weekend instead of my usual sponge/satin curls. Gives me a looser curl like I had when I first started. Just wondering what that might look like again. Will try (I know, I know) to get pictures ;)



Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment