Tuesday, March 9, 2010

STILL LEARNING




I've discovered what I call "settling" time with my hair. When I wake up in the morning and either take out fresh twists or refresh my twists, once I arrange them the best to my ability, I have to let my hair 'settle' for a bit without touching it either to let the water and conditioner set and/or oil spritz to dry and let my hair relax into the style that it wants to for that day. I've left my house so dissappointed with the way my style looks and then by the time I get to work and look in the mirror, it TOTALLY looks great. Much better than it did when i left the house. So, when I'm working with my hair in the am and start to get frustrated because it's not looking like I want, I just leave it alone and reevaluate after I get to work. It really makes a BIG diff!

Been reading posts online about using LongAid Aloe Vera Curl Activator on wet hair after washing, in place of or in addition to my leave in. I'm really thinking about trying it. I remember using this stuff when I had my jheri curl back in the day, but don't know how it will work on transitioning hair. I've read that it works well, really conditions and adds lots of curl definition. I checked the ingredients and most of them are o.k. Only a couple that give me reason to caution, but those have to do with the gel flaking once it dries. I figure if I don't get too heavy-handed with it, should be o.k. I'm curious to find out if it works as well as my Olive Oil Smoothing and Hold pudding.

Well, toodles for now! Still no pics yet ;( Although I am rocking the afro puff today. Woke up this morning to an old, tired twist out that couldn't be salvaged no matter what I did - lol! Although, I thought I wouldn't be able to salvage it yesterday and it turned out o.k. just a little on the dry, frizzy side in certain spots. Discovered that when one side is a little flat or frizzier than the other, I can pull it back with a clip and it actually looks cute. Maybe I'll try that flower next time. Still haven't gotten up the nerve to wear a flower in my hair to work yet, HA! Anyway, will re-style tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment