Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Yiiiiiikes!!!!




Near disaster this morning! I washed, deep conditioned and flat twisted my hair last night. Left it really wet in spots, but applied the shea butter (miracle product!), Organic's "pudding" stuff for hold and coconut oil spritz. I put on my satin bonnet and went to bed around 11:45 pm (I was waiting to pick my daughter up from her basketball game that was an hour and a half away. They didn't get back in town until almost midnite!) Love this barbie, by the way!



Anyway, I woke up this morning and much of my hair was still wet when I took the twists down! (Womp, Womp!) And I didn't have time to blow dry it. So, I left my hair in twists with rollers at the end, put on a scarf, grabbed some snap clips, hair bands and hair pins and dashed to work, hoping that it would be dry by then, but totally expecting to have to pull it back in a big, messy ponytail. I got to work, avoided contact with ANYONE and dashed into the ladies' room. No luck! Started to untwist my hair and spots were still damp, others were still very wet! Ugh. Luckily, I was able to clip the front back (the front and top are the longest parts of my hair and take the longest to dry so they were still very wet, no curl at the end!) It actually turned out better than I thought, the ends were a little stringy in spots were it was still wet, but I did notice that with the shea butter, coconut oil and pudding combination, my hair is very soft and shiny and the curls that were dry, were very defined. Even my new-growth roots had taken on a bit of a wave. I'll try it again, maybe this evening, but may do a dry twist or just mist it a bit with a spray bottle and not get it so wet this time.


By the way, I tried a couple of products that have been suggested on several natural websites and here's my take on them:


Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Shampoo - It was alright. I wasn't impressed with it much, just the smell. I still like my "Motions" shampoo better. Thought I got much better results from it - even if it does contain "cones".


Pantene's Relaxed and Natural Deep Conditioning Hair Mask - I liked this pretty well. Made my hair really soft. Wish I had left it on a little longer than I did, but it was late and I didn't feel like sitting around for 15-30 mins with conditioner on my hair last night.


Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Conditioner - I used this as a leave in. Liked it o.k. Smells great. Again, though, I still think I get a better feel to my hair with my "Motions" conditioner as a leave in. I will admit, though, that my curls were more defined and shinier this morning. But I don't know if it was because of the Herbal Essence or the shea butter and coconut oil (??) Guess I'll have to keep experimenting!


Hot Six Oil Hair Mist - I LOVE this stuff! Awesome. It produces a fine mist and is very light. Great stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment